PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TECHNICAL CONSULTANT…openings in NYC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas or potentially in a home office throughout the U.S. 50-100% travel required.
Founded in 1996 and utilizing a unique combination of technologies borne out of research at Cambridge University, our firm has experienced a meteoric rise. The company currently has a market cap of $7 billion, is the second largest pure software company in Europe and has offices worldwide. We are a global leader in infrastructure software for the enterprise that helps organizations to derive meaning and value from their information, as well as mitigate the risks associated with those same assets.
The Professional Services Technical Consultant position is responsible for the successful completion of all client implementation activities of our enterprise software solutions. These implementation project activities include face to face client meetings for requirements analysis and definition, configuration of software, enhancement development, conference room pilots, testing, and go-live support for client. The consultant works under the direction of a Consulting Manger or Senior Consultant, but may also be required to manage and lead small engagements where pertinent.
This is a challenging role that requires a quick learner, able to apply excellent problem solving skills under time pressure. You will get to know the technology inside-out and need to be highly motivated to get the job done to an exemplary standard. This is not a nine-to-five job, but it's a role that will keep you interested and can take you all over the country and the world, working with leading companies!
• Leads the implementation efforts for multiple projects in varying phases of implementation simultaneously
• Meets directly with client's business users to identify project objectives and business requirements; and with client's IT users to identify technical requirements
• Works within overall project plan and schedule
• Provides feedback to customers and creates structured documentation, including specifications and weekly status reports
• Advises client on configuration and implementation options based on best practices
• Participates in the business requirements gathering process for client customizations
• Participates in customization design sessions with the client and project team
• Supports solution installation, customization, testing, and deployment, including preparation of test scenarios. Oversees client user acceptance testing
• Acts as a technical mentor for clients in transferring solution critical knowledge
• Collaborates with customer team participants
• Ensures that all implementation methodology deliverables are complete and on-time
• Generates timely project status, time, and expense reports as requested by management
• BS in Engineering/IT related discipline
• A proven record in application development is required along with extensive experience of at least ONE or more of the following OS platforms: Solaris, Linux and NT. The candidate will also have practical experience of Web Servers such as IIS, Apache, Netscape. Database technology such as MS SQL & Oracle is also highly desirable.
• 3.2 GPA and above is preferable
• Field consulting or professional services delivery experience
• Project management experience
• Performance tuning, systems management, backup/recovery/DR scenarios
• Ability to work in the US
• Ability and desire to travel frequently to client locations
• Must be in close proximity to a major US airport
• Must have excellent verbal skills and feel comfortable in group settings
Job - Services
Primary Location - United States
Other Locations - United States-New York - New York City, United States-Massachusetts - Boston, United States-Illinois - Chicago, United States-Georgia - Atlanta, United States-Texas - Dallas, United States-California - San Francisco
Schedule - Full-time
Job Type - Experienced
Shift - Day Job
Travel - Yes, 75% of the time