Journeyman Electrician with Furniture Manufacturer
100-year-old-plus award-winning company that places great importance on design, the environment, community service, and the health and wellbeing of customers and employees is looking for a 2nd shift Journeyman Electrician. This position will be part of their maintenance calibration department and will require extensive experience in the troubleshooting, repair, editing, and programming of both PLC and robots. This is an opportunity to work with one of the area’s top management teams and to be a valued member of the company.
Location: Zeeland, MI
Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Pay: $25-30/Hour based on experience
Shifts: 2nd Shift
- Troubleshoot motor controls, multi-generational Allen Bradley equipment, and both AC and DC circuits.
- Ability to make small programming changes or edits.
- Troubleshooting of PLC using laptop.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems including, but not limited to: power circuits, relay logic systems, PLC systems, and facilities related systems.
- Take responsibility for all repairs and the installation of electrical systems and components less than 500 volts.
- Construct, wire, and interface an electrical panel with equipment, given a control diagram.
- Inspect, adjust, program, and repair machinery, mechanisms, controls, and equipment according to PM assigned. You may also be responsible for mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical work on equipment.
- Move, relocate, and install plant machinery and manufacturing and/or facilitiesrelated equipment.
- Assemble equipment and special machines from designs and sketches. You’ll install, and may design, guards or other safety equipment to eliminate identified safety hazards.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an industrial electrician required.
- State license is required.
- Knowledge of Siemen and Mitsubishi controls a plus
- Experience with Homag, Weeke or CMS equipment