|Description ||Accounting Manager – Retail Operations |
We are seeking an accounting manager to be responsible for the day to day accounting activities related to our 40+ retail sales centers.
Duties will include month, quarter, and year end close activities and interfacing with retail and corporate management.
Additionally, the position will be a member of the corporate accounting team and will work on other accounting activities as needed.
This individual must be an excellent accountant with experience managing a small team and interfacing with all levels of Management.
Systems implementation and process improvement experience is a plus.
Experience with a publicly trade company is a plus.
This individual will supervise a staff of three and report to the Sr. Director of Financial Administration.
This opportunity will be based in Phoenix, Arizona.
**The ideal candidate will have a CPA ad 3 years of experience being an Accounting Manager. They should also have a strong background in retail accounting.
Experience in a similar retail business such as: Auto Dealers, Motor home Dealers, ATV / Motorcycle or other retail product that are custom ordered with multiple retail locations.
|Requirements ||Responsibilities. |
• Manage and oversee the daily retail accounting operations, including the following:
o Month, quarter, and year-end close
o Accounts payable/receivable
o Cash receipts
o General ledger
o Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
o Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
o Check runs
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce monthly financial statements
• Monitor and enforce proper accounting controls, policies and principles
• Assist in completion of financial statement internal, external, and operational audits
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
Assist the Corporate Accounting team with additional projects/tasks as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 3+ years management experience
• Strong accounting, analysis and research skills
• Advanced computer skills, including MS Office and various accounting software
• Detail oriented, excellent time management skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, and work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and bring projects to completion
• Experience managing a small team
• CPA a plus!
• Systems implementation and process improvement experience a plus