Summary of Position :
The Accounts Payable Administrator position is responsible for the overall day to day functions of the AP process in the specific functional area to which the associate is assigned (Invoicing, Vendor Records or Payment Processing). Therefore, associate may ultimately be assigned any of the responsibilities below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Maintain & Manage the Vendor Address Book Records.
- Perform IRS TIN Matching
- Assist with 1099 review, processing, and mailing.
- Pursue unclaimed property recovery (retrieval)
- Audit incoming invoices
- Enter invoices in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve issues appropriately
- Reconcile monthly statements
- Monitor shared emails
- Process payments and prepare daily payment run logs
- Match corporate invoices to checks and electronic payment register and prepare them for distribution
- Void payments and vouchers as per Division’s request on a timely basis
- Executing stop payments on various banking platforms
- Reconciling daily Positive Pay and Electronic transmission files
- Approve electronic payments on appropriate banking platform
- Process credit card payments on vendors behalf
- Research and follow up with vendors and divisions on outstanding epayables payments
- Recording of manual payments such as ACH, Wire and Cashier’s Check payments
- Daily payment instrument conversion
- Run and format monthly reports as required by department
- Coordinate shipment and retrieval of all archived files sent to warehouse
- Communicate issues accordingly internally and external
- Ability to be organize, multi task
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or AP manager
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred
- Two years office experience; prior accounts payable processing experience preferred.
Additional Requirements :
- Must be very detailed oriented, with high level of accuracy and excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well in high paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Computer proficiency with intermediate/advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Windows are required.
- JD Edwards knowledge and experience with banking platforms and positive pay files are a plus.
- Must possess ability to multi task - perform multiple detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, must possess strong work ethic, integrity, loyalty and initiative in getting things done, as well as strong organizational skills.