A leading world producer of high performance plastics with a portfolio of over 30 brands in over 1500 formulations used in hundreds of applications with locations on five continents. This is a $13B organization with 60 US locations. For 150 years they have driven innovation serving diversified markets from consumer goods to energy. 90% of company revenues is generated from businesses that are among the top three global leaders in their field. The company has 21 Global Research Centers.
High Base Salary
High Bonus Potential
401K with 9% company match
Full medical benefits
Your unique role with the company: Application Development Engineer to support the industrial and environmental segments in North America including customers in the chemical process industries, energy, and oil & gas. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise to customers and to the internal organization (commercial teams, R&D, Manufacturing, etc.). This position can be physically located at the Atlanta, GA Site or in the Houston, TX area and will support all of high-performance polymers.
Work with sales and sales development teams to support application development efforts at our customers: provide guidance with polymer material selection and validation, tooling and processing assistance
• Play a key role interfacing with R&D to provide customer needs and market trends to orient product developments
• Provide technical support to help assure business success of new products launched
• Support customers in molding and extrusion trials, interface with R&D labs for material and part evaluations.
• Generate and gather material data to support new applications, coordinate work with internal and externals labs to complete datasets, write technical literature, and participate in technical and marketing activities (seminars, conferences, tech-days, etc.)
• Provide technical training both internally and externally about polymer selection and specification, applications, and processing
• Bachelor degree in Polymer Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
• Previous experience or knowledge working with customers in chemical process or oil and gas industry is a plus
• A working understanding of numerical simulation tools (injection molding simulation, FEA) is a plus
• Demonstrated skills managing technical problem-solving in a customer and commercial environment