Provide engineering support for on-going and new operations. Maintain and increase production efficiencies as well as troubleshoot problems, identify and implement solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities; include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs methods for maintaining or increasing production levels while improving safety, production costs, yields, and quality.
- Programs and/or adjusts equipment to achieve required results.
- Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions that reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Determines test methods, procedures, parts, and equipment needed to implement engineering changes.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation of improvements.
- Supports a zero tolerance culture to address behavior, as well as work conditions, to achieve an injury incident rate per the budgeted year.
- Supports to achieve OE customer delivery of 100%. Achieves service delivery rates of 98%.
- Supports to achieve all customer targets for PPM and customer complaints. Target is single digit PPM’s.
- Supports successful launch of all new programs.
- Supports a landfill-free initiative with a goal to have all facilities landfill-free per the budgeted plans.
- Supports the Production System.
- Helps drive the LCCS methodology throughout all operations to ensure achievement of all productivity targets.
- Supports the successful implementation and execution of new processes and systems technology to improve cost structure and provide superior customer service.
- Supports the goals of all financial expectations as established by the business plan.
- Supports the manufacturing strategy and footprint by plant. · Supports all activities required to ensure smooth operational integration of any acquisitions in the culture and processes.
- Supports the estimating team under the management of Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of blanking and welded blanking systems and products
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Understanding of quality systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently of supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field; or Associates degree in Automation Systems or related field and proven knowledge of blanking and laser welding systems; or 5 years of Controls/Automation related experience
- Proficient in programming Allen-Bradley PLC's.
- Proficient in programming Siemens PLC's a plus.
- Proficient in programming ABB, Motoman, and/or Nachi robots.
- Experience programming servo controllers and VFD's a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and create electrical schematics
- Competent with Microsoft Office software
- Competent with AutoCAD software