Corporate Batch & Furnace Manager
Your Role with the Company:
This role is a member of the Organizational Excellent Group who is a key leader to support the strategy and best, standard operating principles throughout the manufacturing processes specific to the Batch and Furnace area.
What you will be doing:
• Leading 15 indirect reports within the B&F Functional Group developing and implementing Best Practice for standard operation procedures throughout the manufacturing plants.
• Conduct Plant Reviews covering the B&F Best Practices
• Support continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing plants
• Formulating & implementing of the operational excellence B&F strategy
• Work closely with Glass Technology department to assure the most optimal furnace performance for standard glass.
• Organize and direct the Functional Group operation of the furnace and batch mixing facilities ensuring consistent quality glass through the most efficient use of energy and equipment.
• Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment consistent with Company policies and procedures, while striving for zero accidents.
• Direct and support batch and furnace departmental managers, including maintenance and preventative maintenance guidelines, furnace, batch and cullet operations.
• Drive the activity of monitoring and controlling established procedures, policies, and quality standards utilized in glass melting, refining, and ingredients used in batches.
• Support plant individual development needs
• Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
What you will need:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited school.
• At least 7 years Batch & Furnace Management experience in a glass manufacturing plant.
• Lean Six Sigma Certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of the methods and quality standards for manufacturing.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft applications.
• Willing to travel 70% mostly Monday – Friday. All domestic travel.
• Prefer an individual with potential for upward mobility.
Why Work here?
This Company is a dynamic and profitable multi-Billion dollar company that is driven by excellence.
• This is a progressive, continually profitable, stable manufacturing company where you will have job security.
• Leader in their industry.
• Growing through acquisition
• Capital spending remains strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
• The plant is nice, clean and well-maintained.
• Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
• Strong management team.
• This company values its employees.
• Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
• Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtors fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
• Good and consistent bonus potential year after year.
• Excellent opportunities for advancement.