Job Title: Gauge & Layout Technician
Reports to: Quality Manager FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
The Gauge & Layout Technician is vital to our ability to provide high quality parts to our customers. Their role is to ensure all of our measurement devices are properly calibrated and functioning correctly. This person needs to be detail oriented, take pride in their ability to maintain multiple measurement devices across the factory floor, and take ownership of the quality process.
Are you someone who takes a methodical, detail oriented approach to your work? Do you enjoy being the go to person and having full control of a process? If so, please keep reading!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manages calibration schedules, measurements standards, and define the measuring channels.
· Maintain and comply with all Calibration schedules
· Repair gauges as needed
· Perform validation checks and documentation on:
· Perform and improve Quality Lab procedures and standards.
· Ensure the Plant Quality Lab and Shop measurement systems are in compliance with all Safety/regulation standards.
· Provide Quality Reports to all relevant parties
· Maintain Quality records/documentation using approved tools such as:
o Optical Comparator
o Gauge Blocks
· Interpret and apply standards, specifications, and procedures.
· Coordinate testing required with suppliers and/or customers
· Declares any new equipment suitable for use after verifying that the calibration certificate is present and update the following files:
o Test Equipment
· Perform CMM layouts and provide measurement data.
· Provide production measurement validation training to:
o Manufacturing Associates
· Maintain clean and safe work environment in line with company policies.
· Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the Company
· Knowledge of various problem-solving methodologies such as:
o 5 Whys
o Variability Reduction
· Good understanding of the following:
o Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances (GD&T)
o Statistical Process Control (SPC)
· Must be comfortable using a computer with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must be strong in math with the ability to work in both the English and Metric systems of measurement
· Ability to interpret specifications and drawings, and blueprints
· Ability to work in a team environment.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
· Steel, Cast, or Aluminum Manufacturing experience, preferably in the automotive industry
· Solid knowledge of:
o Metrology Skills
o Applied Quality tools
· Advanced knowledge of MS (Measurement Systems Analysis)
· Understanding of:
o Gauge R & R studies
o Capability studies
o Cut & Etch weld techniques
· Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Code of Ethics and Code of Management.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
· Job involves lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, exerts 25 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and exerts 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
· Requires pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking, gripping and bending
· High mental and visual effort required
· Works in, around and beneath equipment