Carpentry Foreman / Supervisor (Wood Framing): JOS1503 - MN
Starting base salary: $50-75K
Carpentry Foreman / Supervisor is responsible for onsite coordination and supervision of all field operations for jobs assigned to them. Assists in the training of employees, and the communication between management, customers and employees. Coordinates operations on their jobs with the designated Project Manager with respect to cost, quality, safety, compliance and customer service.
Coordinates, supervises and safeguards all company resources on the jobsite.
• Leads, conducts and documents tool box talks, daily hazard analysis, equipment checklists and communicates and enforces all safety plans and procedures in compliance with established safety standards at the jobsite.
• Demonstrated knowledge of lumber and engineered wood products, wood framing anchors and connections and how they are assembled and used in hand frame and panelized buildings
• Ensure a safe job-site. Responsible for ensuring that all employees have proper training, certification and safety equipment to perform jobsite operations safely.
• Attend jobsite meetings, coordinates with project manager on work scopes and contracts, plans, specifications and shop drawings prior to production.
• Receives and accounts for all jobsite materials and ensures proper storage and use. Responsible for coordinating all returns at completion.
• Four years of experience in the wood frame construction industry & one years supervisory experience in a comparable position
• Performs safety, quality, cleanup and production audits and reviews with employees with a goal of continuous improvement
• Coordinates and supervises performance of employees, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required
• Identifies changes to scope of work and communicates with Project Manager for follow and direction.
• Insure performance to fulfill all field obligations of Company and insures code and regulatory compliance
• Keeps accurate documentation of job progress, conditions and incidents in daily logs.
• Reviews jobsite material needs and coordinates with Project Manager for delivery.
• Maintain positive company image (appropriate language, dress, and behavior)
• Attend the training sessions for your position offered by the company
• Maintain and use your Personal Protective Equipment at all times
• Process required paperwork neatly, correctly and daily
• Coordinate with project manager and customer daily
• Coordinates the installation of the project in the field
Skills and Abilities
• Have or are able to acquire the following within 60 days:
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid Forklift and Areal lift Operator’s License
• Medical First-Aid and CPR certificate
• Knowledge of all aspects of new construction
• Ability to work at heights up to 80 feet+
• Must have vision that is 20/20 with corrective lenses
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
• Must be able to hear normal conversation without assistance
• Demonstrated ability to work hours and shifts mandated by management
• Must be able to operate motor vehicles under 10,000 pound gross weight
• Knowledge of all applicable codes and standards related to their jobsites
• Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment, travel as required
• Able to operate forklifts, aerial man lifts, scissor lifts and other construction tools and equipment
• Able to work with minimal supervision and have a high level of commitment and individual responsibility
• Able to walk, climb ladders, lift and carry heavy/awkward objects, use hands extensively and lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to smell gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, natural gas with mercaptan and combustion engine exhaust
• Able to delegate work, manage several activities or projects at once, organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines and prepare materials takeoffs and job schedules
• Must be on their feet all day and able to handle confined space, heights, loud noises, all types of weather, and all hand and power tools and equipment used in wood framing
• Maintains a positive attitude and promotes good morale among crew members
• Ability to pass a drug test & to work hours mandated by management
• Be a team player and support the Company’s goals
• Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
• Strong organization skills and detail oriented
• Conducts in a professional manner
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
#twincitiescarpentryforeman #minnesotawoodframingsupervisor #stickframingcarpentrysupervisor