Sr Project Engineer – Civil / Structural – Indianapolis, IN
This position is a highly visible corporate level position for a Sr Project Engineer (Civil-Structural) for a very dynamic, profitable, recession proof world class manufacturing company. This engineer will be responsible for providing technical guidance for project work, installation and rebuilding of facilities, machines and equipment.
• Prepare calculations, design and layouts as required for project study, evaluation and subsequent approval.
• Conduct structural steel design and analysis including layout and details in preparing drawings associated with building modifications, production areas, batch and raw materials distribution systems.
• Translate technical guidance received from supervisor onto usable data applicable to the assignment.
• Direct and schedule/coordinate manpower assigned to project activity for the performance of assigned responsibilities.
• Supervise field installations, coordinate project activities to meet fast-track schedules and tracking project costs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or related discipline with an emphasis on structural engineering.
• Professional engineering license is a strong plus.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a civil engineer in heavy industry such as glass, steel, petroleum, etc. required.
• Want an engineer who has done capital projects with elevated supports. (Ex: Steel building structure).
• Strong PC knowledge including knowledge in Microsoft Applications as well as extensive computer aided drafting experience and structural analysis design software.
• Must be willing to travel.
Why Work Here?
This multi-billion-dollar company is a global leader in glass and metals packaging. This is a growing company that produces packaging for many of the world’s leading food and beverage giants. US sales total around $2Billion and they employ about 5,000 people domestically.
• Growth oriented global company and a leader in their industry.
• It is a progressive, profitable, stable manufacturing company where you have job security.
• Excellent opportunities for advancement both domestically and internationally.
• Strong career succession planning program.
• Capital spending is strong. Have invested millions of dollars in its plants for capital improvements.
• Fairly recession proof. Manufactures a consumer product that is consistently in demand.
• Strong management team.
• Company that values its employees.
• Competitive benefit package including medical, dental, life and disability, 401K, pension, vacation, holidays.
• Comprehensive relocation package grossed-up for taxes including closing costs and realtor’s fees, moving of household belongings and home purchase if desired.
• Historically strong bonus potential.
• This is a unique business and a career within the organization will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.