A Charlotte based energy company is conducting a confidential search for Control Room Operators to be located in Charlotte, NC. He/She will perform startup, shutdowns, routine and emergency operation of simple cycle combustion turbines and reciprocating engine power plant equipment from a remotely located Control Room. He/She will operate systems without direction of management, maintaining environmental and operational compliance in accordance with approved procedures and policies. He/She will direct activities of assigned plant site personnel in operation, maintenance and repair of plant systems and equipment. He/She will coordinate with Energy Management and/or ISO personnel on plant availability, changes in unit status, dispatch and operation.
1. Perform startup, loading, shutdown and emergency operations of power generation equipment in accordance with approved written facility procedures.
2. Communicate directly with the ISO generation dispatch operators, gas control operators, and local transmission operators utilizing 3-Part communications to support system reliability as required.
3. Work with Energy Managers to ensure daily responsibilities associated with the marketing, scheduling and dispatch of energy, energy reserves and ancillary services for the generation fleet are performed with a high degree of diligence.
4. Monitor and maintain system parameters to ensure proper operation of combustion turbines, reciprocating engines, generators and associated auxiliary support systems.
5. Collect operational data, analyze and take appropriate corrective actions when required.
6. Monitor and ensure plants operate in accordance with all air permits and air pollution and environmental control standards.
7. Maintain up to date operations logs per facility procedures and ensure that all operational directives from the ISOs or Energy Managers are well documented.
8. Ensure equipment monitoring and predictive maintenance practices are utilized and properly documented.
9. Complete and review shift summary reports to ensure smooth transitions at watch turnovers.
10. Maintain the Central Control Room in a safe and orderly manner.
11. Conduct performance tests on plant equipment and record results, as required.
12. Work with Engineering to diagnose and troubleshoot plant operational issues and coordinate with facility site personnel to perform maintenance and repair tasks on equipment and/or systems.
13. Internally report lost generation events in a timely manner according to defined communication protocols.
14. Coordinate and Schedule with plant site personnel to cover vacancies or emergencies as necessary.
15. Initiate work requests for material equipment deficiencies noted during shift operations.
16. Work with other Company personnel to ensure the accuracy of energy, ancillary and capacity settlements with the ISOs and gas suppliers and ensure the daily submission of accurate generation meter data.
17. Work with accounting, legal and compliance to support monthly and quarterly reporting requirements including NERC GADS, EIA and FERC EQR.
18. Work with company personnel to support accurate and timely submission of plant test data including reactive, black-start, capacity and RATA to the ISOs and state environmental agencies.
19. Work collaboratively with the Engineering and Information Technology teams to identify and develop the required software applications to support the dispatch function.
20. Perform related duties such as writing procedures, updating shift schedules, etc.
21. Perform other functions as directed by the Control Center Supervisor.
Required Job-Related Knowledge and Qualifications:
? Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and perform basic mathematical computations. High school diploma or equivalent required, plus four years power plant experience in operations.
? Generation or transmission control center experience is a must.
? Comprehensive understanding of plant systems to include power island equipment.
? Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and comprehend logic diagrams, P&IDs, electrical one lines and OEM operating manuals.
? Fundamental understanding of electrical and instrumentation and control systems.
? Ability to communicate clearly with plant personnel and to give and receive instructions.
? Ability to read, write and understand instructions and procedures.
? Attention to detail is a must.
? Highly motivated and able to work with a limited amount of direct supervision.
? Ability to work rotating shifts for 24 hour coverage, including holidays, nights and weekends.
? Ability to acquire and maintain NERC and/or ISO specific generation dispatch certifications as required.