Our client is a fast-growing consumer products company that markets an emerging brand/product to various retail channels and has sustained substantial expansion of distribution and brand awareness.
The Director of Finance, Planning & Analysis is responsible for tracking and analyzing the company’s performance and developing strategies to drive business decisions. This position will develop financial and non-financial forecasts within departments and work closely with senior management on budgets, strategic plans, key performance indicators and Board of Director packages. This manager will lead a small team of analysts with wide range of company-wide initiatives by working collaboratively through the organization in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Production.
Roles and Responsibilities
Financial Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares management financial statements and key performance indicator reports, analyzes cash flow, determines assigned accruals, and provides bank required documents related to monthly closes.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly budgets, 12-month rolling forecasts and strategic plans.
- Analyzes actual results vs annual and updated plans, reviews scheduled capital expenditures and recommends corrective actions.
- Performs a variety of advanced financial analysis to determine the impact of major management decisions on the financial health of the company.
- Supports Sales in building the sales forecast as well as analyzing a variety of channel sales information, customer scans data, and distributor reports. Determines the impact of promotions, price changes, and new region growth rates.
- Maintains financial models and their respective assumptions to better estimate the financial impacts of different management decisions.
- Collaborates with Vice President of Finance & Operations and other Executives on the development and execution of funding strategies.
- Examines financial and legal documents to ensure reporting accuracy can be supported and or implemented.
- Lead training and development of the new ERP system’s tool set to compile and retrieve data for analyses and develop data management strategies.
- Assist in preparation of Board of Director reports as well as keep notes during Board meetings.
- Interpret and present dashboards, summaries, and analyses based on syndicated data from organizations such as SPINS, IRI, and Neilson.
- Represents the finance department on the ERP Implementation Steering committee.
Administrative Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises financial data storage procedures as well as designing filing and retrieval systems;
- Keeps management informed by developing dashboards, summarizing key information, and identifying trends.
- Manages the ERP system including assisting in the development of new reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field; an MBA is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in beverage / food / consumer product manufacturing companies.
- Must have extensive experience with managing cash flow, general and cost accounting, sales analysis, and working with senior management.
- 3+ years managing in a Finance/Accounting role.
- Previous support of sales/marketing preferred. Exceptional planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills and strong quantitative and statistical model skills.
- Excellent organizational and management techniques.
- Production planning experience.
- Previous responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis with a manufacturing company.
- Excellent team development skills highly preferred.
- Strong communication skills, entrepreneurial work ethic, integrity, initiative and “can-do” attitude.