Seeking an experience employee benefits account manager with retail brokerage experience to manage a book of business of full insured clients. You will be part of a great service team, a group of people who are enthusiastic and have a strong aptitude for solving problems and providing excellent customer service to the client.
Job Functions Include:
Skills & Experience Needed for this Position:
- Provide excellent client service as the primary day-to-day contact between clients, vendors and internal client teams. Provide accurate and timely responses to client issues. Work closely with members of the client service team. Build relationships with clients.
- Responsible for project management of the annual client work plan to ensure client deliverables are completed timely throughout the year.
- Manage client requests from inception to completion with limited direction.
- Prepare materials and attend all client meetings as an active member of the client service team. Develop action items from meetings and follow through to completion. Document meetings and client decisions.
- Identify client issues and trends as they surface and suggest solutions.
- Manage the renewal process from start to finish including receipt and delivery of renewal, review and delivery of marketing results and plan options, vendor negotiations, client recommendations, renewal confirmations, and preparation of carrier paperwork.
- Spread client renewal proposals for fully insured groups, as needed.
- Oversee the implementation process for new benefits and carrier changes.
- Prepare written communications such as open enrollment memos, renewal reports, custom employee communications, and benefit summaries.
- Conduct open enrollment meetings for clients, both onsite and via webinar, to educate employees on healthcare and what’s changing. Prepare open enrollment presentations and communications to meet client needs.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendor partners and clients.
- Provide employee advocacy services to clients including personalized and confidential eligibility, billing and claim support.
- Review insurance documents, contracts and SPDs for accuracy. Provide peer review support to other team members work products.
- Assist clients to comply with various federal, state and insurance company requirements including ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s, etc.
- Actively participate in oral interviews with prospective clients.
- 5 years of experience as Account Manager in a broker or consulting firm.
- High degree of professionalism in the marketplace, industry and with prospective and current clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft word and PowerPoint.
- Client presentation skills are required.
- Some travel is involved.
- Washington State Life/Disability License or in process of getting one.