The Engineering Manager is a key associate of the plant leadership team. This person will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of up to 12 engineers who oversee the manufacturing processes across the production floor. As we continue to grow and hire new engineers we are looking for someone with a passion for mentoring and be someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
Are you someone who takes pride in building others up? Do you enjoy putting process and procedures into place to ensure maximum effectiveness? Are you an expert at troubleshooting and process evaluation & improvement? If this sounds like you, please keep reading!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Train and mentor engineering staff to grow their knowledge and capabilities.
· Build and enforce proper processes and procedures
· Review new product specifications and determine whether the plant is capable of adhering to the specifications.
· Meet with the customer, production, engineering and other personnel to resolve any potential or identified quality problems.
· Plan or direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, or repair of facilities or equipment.
· Provide support to manufacturing operations.
· Provide technical and operational support to assist manufacturing in meeting safety, product quality, and production schedules.
· Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
· Troubleshoot special problems requiring quick response time, such as:
o Problems with sample and prototype products and insuring that they meet time schedules required
o Customer problems concerning products, materials or procedures
o Determination on any deviation or changes from regular operations
· Insure that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained for efficient production. Keep Plant Manager informed of major equipment problems or obsolescence and submit recommendations for improvements.
· Evaluate and justify capital expenditures.
· Coordinate staff recommendations and make final determination.
· Coordinate the development of new or revised processes concerning machines, tooling and gauging.
· Analyze production procedures for efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods and elimination of wasteful practices.
· Make recommendations for improved efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
· Review cost estimates for new parts and engineering changes to insure correctness and timeliness.
· Make final acceptance or rejection of cost estimates.
· Review operations that have capability potential indexes below the required levels and initiate corrective actions.
· Review data from the quality department and implement actions to maintain quality at desired levels.
· Supervise employee performance by setting goals and conducting period review of progress towards attainment.
· Reporting on department activities to Leadership Team.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Experience with FEMA, Statistical Process Control, and Control Plans
· GD&T drawing interpretation
· Gauging and gauging development, calibration, and verification systems
· Root cause and problem solving
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· 5-7 years of experience in a Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager role