Join The Winning Team….Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
We are currently seeking a Facility Manager for our client facility in Pittsburgh, PA.
The candidate will be responsible for managing a university laboratory animal care facility. This incumbent supervises the facility husbandry and technical staff and oversee facility operations and space utilization. A primary responsibility is to ensure that daily operations are accomplished in accordance with federal regulations and institutional policies. The Facility Manager also assists with the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, practices, and activities that support the institutional animal care and use program; manages personnel training, mentoring, and professional development, and works collaboratively with the facility veterinarian to facilitate faculty research goals.
A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Animal Science (or a similar Biological Science) plus certification by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS), at the Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) level within 24 months of start date
A Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or a similar biological science and/or certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) and Certified Manager of Animal Resources (CMAR) levels is desired.
Relevant (minimum) training, experience and skills include:
- Five years of experience working in an animal research or animal production facility with at least two years in a leadership role.
- Strong working knowledge of animal husbandry practices and procedures for common laboratory animals.
- Strong working knowledge of all animal facility functional areas and operations, including cage wash facilities.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and skills.
- Ability to work directly with a variety of laboratory animal species.
- Ability to wear personal protection equipment (PPE) appropriate for the species, animal housing conditions, or work area.
- Ability to lift/move/ push/pull 50 pounds.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to use common applications (e.g., mail, Word, Excel) and prepare monthly billings.
- Ability to face and resolve conflict.
- Ability to complete projects on schedule
- Demonstrate ability to train staff in all areas of animal husbandry
Candidate must be available to work some evenings/weekends/holidays.
Vaccinations and/or TB testing will be required.
Position is contingent upon a successful background check.
SoBran, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.