Family Law Paralegal - Hackensack
Our client is seeing a bright, energetic and optimistic candidate who enjoys working with capable and talented people to be an addition to their team.
- Be an active participant in the firm and work closely with other paralegals, attorneys and administrators
- Manage attorney’s calendars, by adding all events and tracking all tasks and events.
- Responsible for packaging all documents that will be sent to the courts, adversaries and clients. This includes but is not limited to motions, CIS’s, discovery, interrogatories, and subpoenas.
- Respond to client and court correspondence in a timely manner.
- Work in conjunction with the attorney to manage their workload, WIP report, etc. and be an integral part of the team.
- Schedule all internal and external client meetings, court appearances, mediations etc. and advise all parties involved of same.
- Grasp basic and complex divorce and family law issues
- Have strong writing skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to use Microsoft Office suite, specifically Outlook
- Be a flexible team player
- MUST have at least 2 years Divorce and Family Law Experience
- Paralegal: 2 years in NJ
- Family Law: 2 years