Specialty biopharma focused exclusively on specialty care and deep expertise in oncology is seeking a Director to lead the Oncology Global Forecasting team within the Oncology Global Strategic Insights (GSI) group. This role helps Oncology Franchise Brand Teams and senior leadership capitalize on opportunities and minimize risks associated with the valuation of the company’s oncology assets by supporting a systematic, standardized forecasting approach to create long-term, market-based and event-driven revenue forecast models for commercial products, pipeline candidates and new business opportunities.
• The individual will partner closely with the Oncology Franchise Global Brand Teams, and other GSI functions, including Data and Knowledge Management, Competitive Intelligence and Primary and Secondary Market Research
• He/she will interact regularly with Market Access and Pricing, and the Regions and Country hubs for Business Intelligence
• He/she will work closely to ensure that forecasts feed appropriately into the activities of Controlling, Portfolio Management, Strategic Planning and Business Development
• This individual will interact regularly with agencies that have expertise in forecasting, epidemiology, or syndicated data, and interact indirectly with market research agencies
• Ensure rigor and quality of revenue forecasting for key company oncology assets – projects could span commercially marketed products, internal pipeline development, in-licensing, M&A, and portfolio and strategic reviews, across all therapy areas
• Lead the coordination of oncology forecasting efforts during the Annual Planning Cycle (Strategy Development covering all projects, Portfolio Review of pipeline assets, input into Operational Planning for next year)
• Enable harmonized forecasting approaches across assets, with systematic documentation and transparency of key assumptions underlying the cash flows
• Ensure the credibility and robustness of forecasts by working closely with the other GSI functions, business partners, and regions to ensure that forecasters supporting each Franchise to obtain relevant and robust data; reconcile data differences; partner with MR leads to ensure quantitative MR fills data gaps; and partner with CI to ensure key intelligence questions support competitive forecasting assumptions
• Monitor and ensure appropriate level of rigor is applied in the development of forecasts depending on business needs and the decision to be made
• Provide guidance in the design of forecast models, and in the interpretation of revenue forecasts, and associated risks and opportunities, using sensitivity and/or alternate scenarios
• Brief multiple stakeholders, colleagues and managers so they can effectively communicate the assumptions and implications of those forecasts
• Ensure the company is maintaining pace with current industry best practices for forecasting and quantitative business analysis
• Represent GSI in cross-company projects with broad strategic or tactical objectives
• Providing management, standards, guidance and mentoring to forecasting associates supporting franchises
• During Strategy Development, help align process, assumptions and final long-term strategic revenue forecasts between global, regional, and priority markets, before generating consolidated results for inclusion in P&L models
Qualifications for Consideration:
A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, preferably in finance, engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, physics or mathematics. An MBA and/or significant industry experience a plus
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 6 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• A comprehensive approach to forecasting, with a good understanding of how to integrate secondary data analytics, epidemiology, primary market research and competitive intelligence insights is critical Experience in a broad set of specialty therapy areas preferable
• Ability to lead a cross-functional discussion in an organized and tactful manner, systematically using supporting information and logic, by building and defending cogent arguments; ability to guide the group to a consensus of opinion
• Ability to work independently, prioritize work and assign resources accordingly
• Strong project management skills, i.e., the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and requirements simultaneously, and to lead operational work streams in a cross-functional matrix environment
• Experience managing various external agencies is preferred
• Experience with in-licensing and acquisitions, opportunity prioritization exercises and portfolio reviews is a plus
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated ability to effectively influence senior members within and/or across functional teams through superior analysis and reasoned solutions.
• Demonstrated competencies required in the following areas: collaboration, organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy, and personal initiative.
• Other requirements include concise and impactful written and verbal communications; first-hand experience working on and influencing multi-functional teams; and the ability to provide leadership across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
This position will require 10%-15% travel.