Growing Materials Testing consultant has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer. Responsibilities:
• Field investigations including test borings and pits with soil classification.
• Conduct/oversee percolation tests in the field.
• Oversee laboratory tests on soil and construction materials.
• Conduct engineering analyses for building foundations.
• Development of proposals and final reports, and ensure that client commitments are met
• Takes responsibility for overall project supervision including directing field staff.
• Prioritizes projects and tasks to achieve department and company objectives.
• Multi-tasks and stays focused on the big picture while addressing daily issues.
• Will oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
• Assist in business development activities.
• Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
• 5 years' experience in job offered or as Geotechnical Engineer/Associate Engineer
• General knowledge of construction principles/processes required.
• Experience managing field staff with strong organizational, follow-through, and communication skills.
• High degree of professionalism and strong work ethic.
• 5 years of varied geotechnical/civil construction experience.
• Ability to "take ownership" of the job, think independently and be a problem solver.
• Proficiency with reading blue prints, plans, specs, contracts, purchase orders, etc.
• Proficiency in planning, scheduling, and production.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office-Excel/Word and Microsoft Outlook required Education & Experience:
• Degree in Geotechnical/Civil Engineering required.
• Professional Engineer or ability to obtain Arizona P.E. within 6 months.
• 5+ years' geotechnical / materials testing experience required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Travel to jobsites required.
Working outdoors in Arizona climate
Minimum 45 hours per week and at peak time more may be required.