HR Manager Business Partner - Heavy Industry
Our client is looking for a HR Manager Business Partner with Union experience for their plant in the greater Reading, PA area. This is a very exciting position to work as a Business Partner with the Plant Manager and the Plant Lead Team. They are looking for someone with high energy and a very strong work ethic! This is the company's flagship plant!
- UNION experience required
- 7-10 years progressive HR management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment as an HR Manager and Business Partner.
- Experience with responsibility of an organization of 450+ people
- 3+ years of experience leading an HR Department
- 3+ years of experience in Organizational Development and Training
- Extensive experience with recruiting
- Must have high energy and a strong work ethic
- 3+ years of experience doing investigations
- Proven skills in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Must have strong working knowledge of current principles and practices of human resources management including, performance management, employee relations, classification and compensation, benefits administration, worker’s compensation, equal employment, and unemployment compensation.
- Experience with employee relations, employee improvement programs, terminations, training, and recruiting in manufacturing environments
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory requirements applicable to the area of human resources management.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals internal and external to the organization at all levels of authority.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals and groups in a wide range of situations.
- Experienced in presenting ideas, programs, and recommendations clearly, concisely, and accurately to groups and individuals, orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain current and accurate knowledge and expertise in the HR field.
- Ability to research and analyze data and situations and to develop and recommend sound solutions and courses of action.
- Must be very computer literate and have experience working with ERP Systems, ADP and Microsoft Office.
- Some travel required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Human Resource Management or other related field.
Responsibilities to Include:
- Working as a business partner with the Plant Manager and the Regional HR Manager, as well as managing all aspects of the HR functions at the Plant.
- Provide coaching, training, problem solving, conflict resolution pertaining to various aspects of human resources
- Mentor, guide and provide direction to HR team
- Respond to human resources related questions and issues from management and employees to ensure accurate and consistent interpretation and application of policies and procedures and to maintain compliance with employment law and regulations.
- Manages comprehensive human resources programs, including all aspects of human resources management and personnel administration.
- Exercises leadership and provides advice in the development and implementation of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Develops, manages, and carries out programs and tasks to improve employee and organizational effectiveness and to meet goals including recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, employee relations, classification and compensation, and benefits administration.
- Administers worker’s compensation requirements.
- Serves as liaison with all departments’ management, senior management, and employees as interpreter of personnel rules and policies, laws and legal issues related to human resources management.
- Advises, counsels, informs, and recommends solutions to management and employees on human resources matters.
- Conducts and/or oversees investigations.
- Maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other job functions as required.