Progressive 130 bed Community Hospital is recruiting for an inpatient Pharmacist. This is a truly unique community. Located on the Southern Oregon Coast, home to some of the most spectacular beaches and sand dunes in the world, has become a haven for outdoor enthusiasts to experience living in the unspoiled beauty that surrounds it, and is the perfect for all ages. Enjoy working 4x10hr shifts in order to get out and enjoy that outdoors!
Performs review, validation and DUR of drug orders for all inpatient and outpatient services. Oversees the compounding, dispensing and distribution of medications and pharmaceutical supplies upon receiving prescriptions from valid providers. Provides drug information and consultation to providers and other health professionals for the benefit of the patient population.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs basic professional pharmacy practice to assure the delivery of pharmacy service in accord with good pharmacy standards of practice including medication preparation, distribution and monitoring; these may include extemporaneous compounding, IV admixture preparation, chemotherapy preparation, total parenteral nutrition in addition to standard unit dose preparation and dispensing
• Uses various computer systems in the performance of normal duties for profile review, allergy assessment, kinetic consults
• Responds to Code and Trauma events in the Emergency Room and general hospital so BLS training is required
• Provides clinical consultation, patient counseling, and staff education
• Current Oregon Pharmacist License
• Advanced degree specializing in clinical and/or hospital pharmacy preferred
In addition to competitive salary and benefits, also being offered is sizable sign-on bonus potential, as well as, school loan forgiveness opportunities.