Job Cost Accountant
Our client, with corporate offices in the Fairfield/Buffalo, Texas vicinity, is seeking a job cost accountant, most preferably with construction experience. They would be responsible for the costing of all commercial construction and civil jobs of the company. Commuting from surrounding cities is acceptable.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business is much preferred. If not, an AA in accounting and significant cost experience.
- At least five years of cost accounting, including several years in a construction and/or a civil environment, as well as general accounting skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to be very proactive and persistent in assimilating cost data from field personnel.
- Strong analytical abilities, plus organizational, communication, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-directed and the ability to exhibit team leadership
- Advanced skills in MS Office software, especially Excel
- Coordinate and oversee all cost accounting processes, including JEs and GL interface.
- Responsible for direct and indirect labor and materials costing on commercial construction jobs, overseeing the detailed coding process, allocations, reports etc. Will assist with bid and invoice processes.
- Provide management with necessary reports and project analysis