A Building Envelope consulting firm is seeking to hire a Project Manager.
Completes projects that provide investigation, design recommendations and inspection services to owners, architects, building managers, contractors, manufacturers, and consulting firms for total building enclosure systems. Organizes and controls project elements and manages staff within project matrix team. Has expertise in total building enclosure systems and their components which include but are not limited to: foundation waterproofing and vapor banner systems; masonry veneer wall systems; curtain walls; EIFS assemblies; rain screen systems; air/moisture banner systems; roofing assemblies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
(Performs other assignments or duties as required.)
1. Gains understanding of the assigned project by reviewing drawings, researching project documents, and gaining insight from Vice President. Depending on size and complexity of project may be responsible for all or a portion of the project as assigned by the Vice President.
2. Establishes project plan by meeting with Vice President to review drawings, approve design, specifications, timelines, and cost estimates. May conduct meetings with clients to identify problems and determine plan of action.
3. Coordinates the execution of construction documents by assigning the appropriate staff with tasks necessary to complete the project or project phase.
4. Identifies required scope of work and prepares preliminary report of findings and cost estimate for review with the Vice President by conducting site investigations
5. Executes the production of contract bid documents by developing project specifications and bid documents for Vice President.
6. Gathers and disseminates the information required by contractor bid analysis by conducting pre-bid walk through meetings with bidding contractors and by responding to any correspondence contractor requests for information.
7. Maintains adherence to project documents by controlling on-site field inspection operations. Also conducts periodic inspections of field operations and reviews written field reports for accuracy and discrepancies. Will be required to coordinate and / or conduct field testing by personnel or outsourced testing agency.
8. Sustains customer confidence by meeting with the client on a regular basis to review and update the scope of the project, the schedule and the project costs.
9. Prepares project reports for submission to the client and project team in the standard corporate format by writing clearly, concisely and accurately. Must provide complete documentation that includes but is not limited to photographs, Local Law 11 reports and sign-offs.
10. Controls the company’s project costs by allocating and continuously monitoring staff time and project duration. Must perform regular and comprehensive project analysis and make scheduling revisions as necessary.
11. Facilitates accurate and timely billing by submitting accurate and complete times sheets as required on a weekly basis.
12. Increases market share from repeat or referral clients by maintaining reputation for excellent service with a consistently high level of customer service. Must respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner.
13. Builds and maintains the corporate reputation and stability by collaborating positively with customers, government agencies, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices; establishing and enforcing good customer service practices; establishing and communicating the corporate value system; keeping information confidential and disclosing only on a need to know basis; and complying with federal, state, and local laws/regulations.
14. Maintains historical data by keeping project binders and electronic files organized and complete; maintaining correspondence and ensuring drawings are filed.
15. Ensures staff results by giving clear directives, coaching and training when necessary, following up on job performance, and recommending action as needed. Develops a climate of open communications.
16. Ensures staff compliance with company procedures, legal regulations, and safety initiatives by communicating and enforcing compliance on a regular basis.
17. Keeps Vice President informed by communicating new or revised information and by providing regular updates on a projects status.
18. Contributes to the team effort by undertaking the tasks required to accomplish related results as needed. Contributes to team effort by continually looking for ways to improve productivity and customer satisfaction by use of better technology, procedures, communications, and use of resources.
19. Maintains professional and technical knowledge/skills by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications. Learns from performance appraisal from Principals and Senior Associates to assess personal strengths and development needs to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization.