Our client, one of North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of solid wood and composite wood mouldings is looking for a Business Development manager to expand their footprint in the state of CT. This is a growth oriented position for a well established sales professional. Two-step wholesale sales experience with interior building products is exceptionally helpful.
Business Development Manager position
Our company growth plan includes two major objectives:
- Generating demand for interior finishing solutions, and
- Enabling our channel partners to be successful in servicing demand
To achieve these objectives, our structure includes a Business Development team focused on introducing the brand and our full product line to Builders and key Influencers (architects & designers) and ensuring they have the knowledge and tools to specify and purchase/use our products and services.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) serves as a key Business Development team member focused on developing, managing and converting leads in the Builder market for the CT region. The BDM will generate Builder insights, grow awareness for products and services, build strong relationships with Builders and key Influencers and collaborate with Sales to create value for our Channel Partners. The BDM will also be involved in cross-functional teams and key projects.
The BDM will report directly to the Senior Director of Business Development and is a member of our Business Development team in the Marketing group. The BDM will work closely and in collaboration with Sales and Supply Chain team members, as well as fellow BDMs and the larger Marketing team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leverage an insight driven, customer centric approach to generate awareness and interest among targeted Builders by:
- Generating insights to understand the needs of targeted Builders
- Generating insights to understand the needs of key Influencers (architects & designers);
- Generating insights to aid Product Management, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing in developing innovative products/services and marketing programs that address the needs of targeted Builders.
- Build a robust pipeline of Builder opportunities by:
- Actively participating in relevant associations and trade shows;
- Actively engaging in key Influencer interactions and CEU education programs;
- Delivering insights and recommendations that create value for Builders and key Influencers.
- Gain alignment and collaborate with Regional Sales, Channel Marketing and Supply Chain to achieve channel strategies and annual regional business plans by:
- Delivering Builder and Influencer insights and recommendations that help our Sales team members and our Channel Partners excel at meeting demand;
- Partnering with Sales, Supply Chain and Channel Marketing in developing and executing programs to create and solidify value-added connections between Builders with Channel Partners;
- Serving as a resource to Sales team on product knowledge and training.
- Contribute to a high-performing, collaborative and highly engaged workforce by:
- Aligning with our culture and people management practices;
- Working effectively in a matrix organization and at the intersections with other functions (Supply Chain, HR, Finance, IT, etc.)
What background will make you successful?
- University degree, preferably in business, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a role with responsibility for business development or multi-channel sales/marketing.
- Previous industry experience working with Builders is required. Previous experience within the building products, interior finishing, construction, architect, interior design, or other related fields an asset.
- Proven background in successfully executing business development plans to generate sales leads.
- Demonstrated ability to create and build strong customer relationships to enable sales within Channel Partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across the Sales & Marketing functions, as well as with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work with increasingly sophisticated, data driven customers.
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis to aid in decision making.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Experience with sales or marketing CRM/ Marketing Automation systems (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo, etc.).
- Able to travel extensively, including overnight travel (25-30% regularly, with increased periods of travel as required).
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for client site visits. Record of safely operating a vehicle.