The Chief Development Officer provides the executive leadership and administration of all development and philanthropic activities for a Large Nonprofit Organization and its Foundation. The primary focus/objective is to build statewide capacity for philanthropic success, secure major and planned gifts and achieve the organization’s development and philanthropic goals.
This important executive position will include some vital functions to the success of the organization such as:
- Initiate and advocate for development and philanthropic priorities via organizational visioning, long range planning, goal setting and promotion of the Organization and Foundation development efforts.
- Direct and oversee the Organization and its Foundation annual and long-range development activities including: major, planned and endowment gifts; grants; Stewardship, Gift Acknowledgment, and Donor Recognition programs.
- Provide pertinent strategy, data and preparation to equip the President/CEO, designated staff and/or board member for solicitation of major funders.
- Oversee philanthropic activities and accomplishments and submit reports at least quarterly to the President/CEO, the Organization and its Foundation Boards.
- Work with the Board and Foundation Boards, President/CEO, and Executive Directors, to identify and recruit prospective board(s) members
- Oversee a donor stewardship/ recognition program and acknowledgment of each donor.
- Oversee grant writing activities: coordinate grant writing activities
- Take a strategic leadership role on the executive team,
- Prepare/recommend/administer annual development and philanthropic budget. Oversee a comprehensive marketing, public relations and communications plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Ten or more years of experience in fund-raising and management in a large organization
- Demonstrated accomplishment in agency-message dissemination and raising funds for operations, endowment and capital projects
- Master's degree
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Experience and knowledge of human services field