It would be good if they had some TFS experience as well.
PODS JOB DESCRIPTION
DevOps Engineer II
105 - Corporate_IT
21 - Professional
E - Exempt
The DevOps Engineer II role is responsible for server administration and management, administration of automated build/release management tools, and overseeing our continuous integration and delivery pipeline. This role collaborates with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Architecture teams during software design and development, providing guidance and engineering expertise to improve current processes or design and implement new processes.
This role requires systems administration knowledge for both Windows and Linux, strong scripting skills, and experience using an agile methodology approach to software development. Advanced knowledge of build/release automation tools, CI/CD and software and server monitoring tools is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive, design, implement and maintain the automated build, delivery and release process for applications developed by different development groups and teams
- Manage code repositories, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration and automated deployment processes
- Work with software and systems engineers to architect, configure, and troubleshoot application servers and the software running on them
- Act as server administrator for dedicated group of servers
- Install and configure systems and custom third party software packages
- Coordinate tasks between software and system engineers
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Mgr, Software Engineering
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). This position may have supervisory responsibilities i.e. (temporary help, or part time employee).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Essential Skills, Abilities and Example Behavior(s)
- BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
- DEMONSTRATE SOUND JUDGMENT: Able to make appropriate decisions and has the vision to understand their impact; Able to use factual information to develop logical assumptions; Able to examine alternatives and consider resources, constraints and risks before committing to action
- ADAPT: Able to maintain effectiveness by changing personal behavior and work routines / habits in response to new circumstances and requirements
- COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
- DEVELOP SELF: Able to accurately assess own strengths and development needs; Able to strive to improve those areas identified as needing development; Able to seek opportunity for development through the job, special assignments, training, or external activities
- ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
- SOLVE PROBLEMS: Able to apply both rational and creative processes and approaches to identify root causes of problems and solutions
- THINK STRATEGICALLY: Able to see the "big picture" and be future-thinking; Able to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately; Able to take a broad perspective; Able to create a vision of organizational objectives; Able to make decisions based on long-term company goals
- LISTEN: Able to actively listen and convey understanding of the comments and questions of others; Able to understand the situations, viewpoints and feelings of others before expressing own view
- WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others
- BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions
- DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to company policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
- ADVANCED COMPUTER USER: Able to use required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, presentations, electronic communication, and complex spreadsheets including formulas and macros and/or databases. Able to operate general office equipment including company telephone system
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related filed or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing servers
- Proficiency with scripting using scripting languages such as Bash, Python or PowerShell
- Minimum of 4 years design and implementation of CI/CD, DevOps solutions and architecture patterns
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with designing and developing automated build, delivery and release of software using tools like TFS
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment management using tools such as Git, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Docker and Ansible
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for up to 8 hours a day; Ability to use hands and fingers to type on a keyboard and use a mouse to navigate; Vision sufficient to view small details on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day; ability to stoop, bend and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate using a telephone handset and/or connected headset device
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Negligible