Manufacturing Engineering Manager with Medical Device Manufacturing experience. Basic Purpose of Position:
Responsible for management of designated team members to achieve business and manufacturing engineering goals and objectives. Manages and reports the status of engineering projects within the group. Possesses and demonstrates a high level of technical expertise in an engineering discipline. Possesses an in-depth understanding of business goals and provides the engineering leadership required to support goal attainment.Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Manages manufacturing engineering team and others as designated to achieve corporate and business unit goals and objectives.
- Manages an engineering project(s) to support and achieve the continuing growth and success.
- Responsible for ensuring assigned project(s) are completed on schedule and that technical requirements and financial goals are met, with emphasis on performance excellence.
- Provide direction, leadership and/or mentoring to the engineers and associates assigned to the team and project(s).
- Interface directly with customers through presentations, meetings, or other communication media.
- Establish measurements and metrics and reports progress towards meeting project goals.
- Present project status in program reviews and reports as required by management.
- Assigns specific job tasks to engineers and teams for completion and monitor team members and project progress.
- Determines requirements for materials, and or equipment for engineering projects and ensure all required tooling, equipment and materials are available for the engineering group.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or experience in lieu of), MS preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in relevant work.
- Proficient in software applications specific to job requirements.