|Lead and manage all procurement and materials management activities including order placement, supplier reduction/evaluation/certification, supplier follow-up, price |
negotiation and compliance with government procurement regulations.
- Matrix responsibilities for Production Planning's manufacturing resource-planning activities. These activities need to help achieve division sales and RONA objectives
and maintain 100% on-time customer deliveries. Matrix responsibilities for personnel involved with the MRP database to achieve and maintain a high degree of data
accuracy, integrity, and ownership.
- Monitors shipping/receiving performance and investigates discrepancies to resolve/eliminate process deficiencies
- Utilize corporate developed tracking systems such as phconnect, PFEP (plan for every part), and S& OP (sales and operations)- Accountable for location(s) materials
metrics and Standards of Performance.
- Help define and implement automated systems to plan and track material flow from customers through procurement to delivery to support a supply chain management
- Ensure all the location(s) material management policies are consistent with the inventory control objectives of the Corporation.
- Work closely with divisional materials personnel to maintain continuity with purchasing and supplier management processes
- Facilitate corporate purchasing and materials initiatives including common part numbers, supplier managed inventory, consolidated purchasing agreements, supplier
reduction and supplier quality certifications.
- Advise on supplier-managed inventory or supplier-based contracts with customers.
- Support internal or external audit requirements relative to the planning, procurement or inventory control functions.
- Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines.
- Effectively create and sustain procurement to delivery material and system cost reduction programs.
- Provide professional development for all materials team members. Explain and support company policies and procedures.
- Benchmark world class supplier management systems and implement best practices as appropriate.
- Actively support and implement lean principles at the division.
- Facilitate kanban, materials requirement planning technique, throughout division.