Medical Assistant – Full Time
The Medical Assistantwill demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality care appropriate to the age of the patient. The Medical Assistant supports the physician in providing care for adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. The Medical Assistant actively participates in patient care routines assisting with activities of daily living and specific technical tasks with consideration for the age of the patient. Provides quality care in a customer-focused considerate manner respecting the patient’s rights. Documents care provided following established guidelines. The Medical Assistant also completes indirect care activities needed for the efficient operation of the Physician Office.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Registered or Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Previous physician office experience required.
- Practice Management System and EMR experience necessary.
- Patient scheduling duties including demographic entry, insurance verification, and handling of all front desk responsibilities.
- Medical assistant will also room patients, document in EMR, handle referrals, prescription refills, and assist providers in the office.
- Ability to comprehend and follow principles of aseptic technique.
- Ability to learn and retain detailed information and accurately document data collected from the patient.
- Excellent basic clinical skills in delivery of care.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line at www.unionhospital.org.