Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! Your Career Begins at Shearer's Snacks! Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking PRODUCTION SUPERVISORS who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Here’s a few reasons to consider Shearer’s Snacks:
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Experience a culture of giving back
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
You might not have heard of us, but you’ve certainly tasted our snacks! In fact, we’re the largest producer of the private label snacks America loves and the largest producer of kettle cooked chips in the world, and we’re looking for Production Supervisors in our 11 facilities nationwide.
A Day in the Life of a Production Supervisor
Production Supervisors produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product for our clients. As a part of our all-star team, your day will include
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state of the art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
Bring Your Best
We are building the best team in the food industry, and we’re looking for people like you who not only manage and function within your team, but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and manufacturing knowledge
- Ability to think beyond the plan
- A high sense of integrity and the ability to act with urgency
- A drive to deliver the best end result for the customer
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, growing business environment
- A hands on, “can do” attitude with a passion for problem solving
- A curiosity to learn more, with the ability to assess situations quickly
- Support, encouragement and investment in others
- The desire to give back
As a Production Supervisor, you’ll also be adept at both completing tasks as well as shifting your focus to accomplish tasks through others. You’ll value your managerial role and will look to effectively provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members.
A Well-Rounded Team
Here are a few other things that would make you an ideal Production Supervisor at Shearer’s Snacks:
- Food background deeply preferred
- 2-3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced and passionate about lean manufacturing with a desire to lead us further
- Technical experience and “people experience”
Finally, if you don’t have a degree, but you have the right experience in the food industry in a similar position or work environment, and a passion for what you do, we want to talk to you!
A Few Other Benefits to Contributing as a Part of Our Team
All Shearer’s Snacks team members receive a competitive and comprehensive benefits package following a 90 day introduction period, including things like medical, prescription, dental, vision, group life and disability, and a commitment to wellness.
A Little More About Us…
Shearer's Snacks is the largest producer of private label salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Based in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's operates eleven state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Iowa, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Texas, Oregon, Arkansas, Virginia and Canada and received the snack food industry's highest sustainability award for environmental responsibility.
EEO/DRUG FREE EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.