IST is seeking a Network Engineer to be responsible for the installation, monitoring, maintenance, and support of network hardware, software, and communication links. The network engineer will also respond to and resolve network related issues promptly.
· 5 - 8 years’ in a multi-site network environment
· Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
· Successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, Cisco Telephony and F5 Load Balancers
· Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
· Must have knowledge of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server).
· Experience with network management tools such as Sniffers (Wireshark), SolarWinds Orion, OpNet and Live Action.
· Experience supporting Windows, Linux and UNIX systems/applications on Cisco Nexus networking technologies.
· Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired.
Cisco CCNA/CCDP/CCVP or other Cisco Professional-level certifications preferred.