Senior Network Engineer
- Plan and engineer LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center, and other Network Service deployments, including (but not limited to) L2/L3 Switching, BGP and EIGRP Routing, QoS, WAN Acceleration, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Load Balancing, DNS/DHCP, Firewall, IPSec VPN, and more.
- Provide expert trouble resolution for escalated core network troubles.
- Partner to lead the planning, design, implementation and optimization of new network products/services. Develop, document, implement and maintain processes and procedures related to service delivery.
- Perform after hours support duties on occasion to sustain networking systems and service levels - 24/7/365.
Function OverviewThe Senior Network Engineer's responsibility and overall purpose is to ensure the life, functionality and growth of the multi-service data network, as well as play a role in the design and implementation of network practices and services. The Senior Network Engineer will be involved with the Engineering/Planning functions of a traditional data network group, but will also take part in, and be expected to lead initiatives in the converged network world. The candidate will interface with various business groups and determine if and when the company can utilize and implement such enhanced technologies. The candidate will also oversee pilots and deployments that result from such analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience managing third-party vendors.
- Experience in a multinational work environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco equipment and operating systems, including configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support of routers, switches and wireless equipment. Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN and WAN protocols and topologies (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS).
- Solid understanding of switching technologies (VLANs, Spanning-Tree, VSS)
- Solid understanding of security technologies including firewalls, VPN and Remote Access.
- Knowledge of F5 server load-balancing platforms.
- Knowledge of system monitoring and management tools such as Netscout, - Solarwinds, and Cisco Prime.
- Cisco CCNA or CCNP preferred.