Position: Office Supervisor
Department: Vital Statistics
Posting Date: November 30, 2017
Hours: Full-time, M - F 9 am - 5:30 pm
Starting Salary: $21.68/hour; $45,094.40/Annual
- Associate Degree in a related field with one year of progressively responsible related work experience including computer applications/software or High School diploma with three years of progressively responsible related work experience including computer applications/software
- Two to Five years previous experience in a supervisor capacity
- Experience with customer service and employee engagement; Proven ability to navigate change within a team
- Flexible work schedule; Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervises daily activities of support staff; Assesses and assigns work; Determines work priorities; Resolves problems regarding operating procedures and methods;
- Establishes and implements office procedures; Provides technical assistance; Insure staff compliance with federal, state, and local policies and procedures as required by program
- Responsible for cash reconciliation
- Interviews and recommends for hiring; Provides training as needed on procedures and processes.
- Monitors employee performance; Performs performance evaluations; Implements corrective action when necessary; Prepares and compiles financial and statistical reports relating to program activities; Reviews records and documents for accuracy, clarifies discrepancies; Monitors timely submission of data and performs quality reviews to insure accuracy; Ensures compliance with local & state requirements and maintains up to date information on laws, regulations and rules relating to programs (s); Performs the following duties depending upon the needs of the workgroup.
- Processes purchase requisitions, initiates purchase orders, coordinates with vendors and sales representatives
to obtain services and products; assists or prepares grant application, monitors program expenditures and modifies program budget as necessary; Serves as Deputy Registrar for the Office of Vital Statistics
- May be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours
How to apply:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Fax (937) 496-3070
Deadline to Apply: December 15, 2017 or until position is filled
Position is subject to a criminal background check
Applicants who declare use of nicotine/tobacco in any form including replacement therapy products and prescription medications used to treat smoking addiction on the PHDMC Application for Employment or addendum thereto, shall not be considered for employment.
PUBLIC HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER COMMITTED TO HIRING DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE.