Our client is seeking an inspired and results-oriented Outside Sales Representative to support our distributor partners in the growth of our Building Products business in the Greater Chicago area. The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for cultivating new customer relationships, generating brand awareness, creating demand, and generating pull through sales of Company’s high end products. Candidate will have strong prospecting, relationship building, and listening skills that will form an understanding with our partners and prospects in order to align our value proposition with the needs of our customers. This self-starter will be independent and have very strong communication, writing, presentation, and follow up skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong sales experience and an existing network of industry professionals including Distributors, Contractors, Architects, and Builders that occupy the marketplace.
• Develop and execute sales strategies to increase business and accomplish/exceed quarterly goals
• Maintain and grow existing customer base
• Effectively use the company marketing initiatives and collateral (handouts, demo's, and other material) and successfully engage new prospects.
• Proactively engage dealers and end-user customers to increase collaboration and customer expansion
• Develop and cultivate relationships with Distributor representatives and make regular joint sales calls on target accounts
• Provide in-field training to distributors and end users as appropriate as well as AIA presentations to architects
• Answer key influence questions about products, prices, availability, applications and terms
• Deliver regular feedback to management regarding performance needs as well as market conditions
• Effectively communicate with inside sales and customer service support team
• Maintain up to date knowledge of Company’s building products offering
• The ability to effectively manage and influence across a large and multifaceted marketplace
• The ability to build long lasting working relationships with a variety of industry professionals and co-workers
• Strong aptitude for value added, and consultative selling
• The ability to effectively present information publicly
• The ability to travel using common forms of transportation (plane, car, train, etc.)
• The ability to demonstrate company values of innovation, integrity, agility, flexibility and teamwork
• The ability to manage the sales cycle and accurately forecast
• The ability to resolve conflict and complete tasks under stressful situations
• Must possess and employ strong organizational skills and ability to follow sales through the entire cycle
• Experience : minimum of 3 years related experience
• Computer Skills: Applies skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) Use of computer to enter data, create reports, correspondence, etc.
• Certificates & Licenses : Valid driver’s license