Are you an experienced Manufacturing Leader looking for an opportunity?
As the Plant Superintendent, you will lead and manage the overall operations of the facility to meet the ever increasing quality, delivery, order quantity, and time expectations of the customers and business.
• You will provide leadership and direction for the day to day operation, involving a team of entry-level production employees, to meet the quality, delivery, order quantity, and time expectations of the customers.
• You will lead and manage the maintenance team to reduce machine downtime through efficient and effective on-going maintenance.
• You will research, develop, and implement performance initiatives to enhance output, quality standards, and cost reductions year over year.
• You will actively coach, develop, and counsel employees so that they are continually growing in their skill sets and able to be accountable for their growing job functions.
• You will manage and oversee the processes to ensure Standard Operating and Safety Procedures are always current and being followed.
• Education: BS degree in a Technical major, Business, or equivalent; would consider a combination of course work and experience.
• Experience: 5 + years of progressive supervisory experience in a fabrication, metal, or welding manufacturing company, preferably in a union environment.
• Functional Skills: In-depth Operational Management, technical aptitude, and lean thinking skill sets are required to meet the core functions of the role; excellent forward-thinking, prioritization, analytical, and project management skills are also required. Must maintain a non-commercial driver’s license for sporadic deliveries and pick-ups.
• Technical Aptitude/PC/Other: Intermediate Microsoft Office and PC skills; ERP experience required, with JD Edwards background a plus.
• Language Skills: Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Leadership/Behaviors: Strong abstract thinking, sense of urgency, and problem-solving abilities are needed to work through a very broad and diverse set of opportunities in a short amount of time. Excellent leadership skills to develop, empower, and hold others accountable to the goals of the operation.
• Culture Fit: Ability to collaborate and work in a small team environment effectively. Excellent drive with a role-model work ethic and assertiveness to maintain core values, integrity, and policies.
Other Important Information:
Salary: The salary is commensurate with proven experience.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Core Hours: 6:30 - 4:30 pm (before and after standard shift and to overlap 2nd shift)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some Saturdays and Sundays as needed
Direct Reports: Hourly production and contract maintenance employees
Travel: Limited; less than 10%