Product Design Engineer
Cary, North Carolina - Contract
Productive Resources (www.prhires.com) is seeking a candidate to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Cary, North Carolina. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will provide oversight of the project and communicate to lead engineer or program management of any potential issues that could negatively affect the project deliverables.
This is a full-time contract position that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, and additional opportunities within the client organization.
- Develop and/or support development of styling updates including hood, dash, pedestal, seat and other related parts.
- Implement changes and workflow in CAD and associated PDM (PTC Windchill) and SAP processes as required.
- Conduct design reviews and functional geometry reviews to implement initial designs and changes as required.
- Procure parts for fit up, lab & field validation activities as required.
- Physically support field & lab test activities and vehicle builds as required.
- Manage project timeline and cost in support of project requirements.
- Interact with cross-functional team to ensure aligned execution of projects including internal stakeholders and external suppliers & toolmakers.
- Participate in management reviews as requested by the onsite manager to communicate the status of assigned projects.
- Resolve and document resolution of issues in the Nonconforming Corrective Action (NCCA) system by following the 8D process as required.
- 4-year BS engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with engineering tools, systems, and databases.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing standards.
- Experience with CREO Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Experience with 3D CAD software in the development of plastic part design.
- Knowledge of plastic part manufacturing processes and good design practices.
- Experience with project management processes.
- Good communication skills
- Engineering experience of 3 – 5 years.
- Product engineering experience 1 – 3 years.
- Technical experience relating to the manufacturing and design of plastic components
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 2001. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
Our engineering staff is located both at our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability