PURCHASING MANAGER BENEFITS:
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits include:
PURCHASING MANAGER IMPACT:
The Purchasing Manager provides leadership towards the procurement team and with other departments. Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
PURCHASING MANAGER DETAILS:
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Capacity to conduct international buying
• Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
• Establishes Purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
• Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate ; examines bids and makes awards
• Establishes account/credit and terms; negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period; monitors approval of accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships.
• Serves as the organization’s representative for the Finance Department on Procurement issues and procedures.
• Develops and coordinates new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes.
• Conducts analysis of program policies and procedures, develops plans, formulates guidelines, implements new developments and procedures, and provides policy interpretation for Finance to purchasing customers within corporate guidelines.
• Prepares program guidelines, status reports for Finance and executive staff.
• Coordinates daily duties of Procurement support staff.
• May develop requirements and be involved in the automation/test of procurement and logistics software
• May develop training material, and oversee procurement training.
PURCHASING MANAGER BACKGROUND:
• Requires a Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent level with preferred technical background, or business/commercial background as 2nd option.
• Minimum 7 to 10 years of working experience, including 5 years’ experience minimum in purchasing and in international business. Other experiences can be in Quality, Project, … departments. Experience in project business (and not only in components business) is a big advantage. Purchasing experience shall be as commodity buyer with international sourcing and commodity manager in a big International group. Management experience: minimum 3 years’ experience as Purchasing Manager. Experience in Commodity Management is also an advantage.
• Must be computer literate in SAP, PowerPoint, Excel and other procurement management systems.
• Requires the ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
PURCHASING MANAGER NEXT STEPS:
All applications are confidential - Apply now for immediate review.