Plan and direct activities concerned with the development and application of quality systems and standards within an automotive manufacturing environment.
1. Complete all assignments as designated by the Quality Manager, which may include duties other than those specified in this description.
2. Daily interaction with OEM’s and other functional areas on quality concerns.
3. Ensure TS-16949 and ISO-14001 elements are followed and in compliance with in the business unit.
4. Maintain and build customer and supplier relations to ensure direct and timely communication and resolution to concerns and issues.
5. Design, develop and standardize forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
6. Monitor production floor for conformance to control plans and customer requirements which includes but is not limited to fit, function, reliability, durability and reappearance criteria “The Voice of the Customer”.
7. Support training effort in areas of quality and continuous improvements.
8. Understand, coach and support in the following areas: a) methods for inspection, testing, gauging and evaluating, b) preparation/completion of PSW packages that include all 19 requirements, c) ability to plan and coordinate initial containment, d) SPC data, e) APQP requirements.
9. Facilitate corrective action meetings within a cross functional team.
10. Maintain an awareness of the latest developments in the industry as it relates to quality awareness by reading trade publications and attending trade and quality society meetings.
1. Four year college degree in Engineering, Quality Systems or equivalent preferred.
2. Minimum 5 years professional experience in applying and developing Quality systems.
3. Must have 3-5 years working knowledge of quality applications pursuant to TS-16949, control plans, FMEA’s, Flow Diagrams, PPAP, corrective actions.