We are seeking a skilled and highly energetic Receiving Clerk with a wide range of receiving experience in a manufacturing/inventory environment. The appropriate candidate needs to have at least 2 – 3 years of data entry experience within an MRP/ERP system, effective communication skills, exhibit professional customer service to both internal and external customers, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
In this critical role, you will be a key contributor receiving incoming material and product in a fast-paced, team-oriented, rapidly growing manufacturing environment.
OMAX Corporation is the leading provider of precision-engineered abrasive waterjet systems for use in the manufacturing environment. If your desire is to work with leading innovators and experts in the abrasive waterjet industry or work for a rapidly growing company that fosters an environment that promotes teamwork and creativity, consider OMAX. The capabilities of our machines consistently evolve to meet the diverse and changing needs of the manufacturing industry and if you are looking to join a team of brilliant minds, who are dedicated to excellence, contact OMAX.
- Assist delivery personnel with unloading; receive, count and document all incoming shipments
- Verify that incoming freight, as noted on vendor packing slip and confirmed by physical count, conforms with information on receiving documents
- Count all incoming receipts and report discrepancies to Purchasing and Planning; reconcile before forwarding questionable goods to Quality Assurance or the requester
- Inspect incoming shipments for damage. When damage is discovered, file claim with carrier and follow through to final resolution
- Route goods to Quality Assurance
- Notify respective requestors upon receipt of goods
- Maintain receiving files in an orderly fashion, ensuring their security and integrity
- Cooperation with Purchasing, Planning, Accounts Payable and the inventory control data cycle counter to reconcile invoices and inventory on-hand balances as affected by receiving documentation
- Upon receipt of unidentifiable goods, notify purchasing and planning departments immediately. If not identified within 48 hours, make arrangements with shipping for return of goods to vendor
- Perform activities in all areas of material distribution, including shipping and pulling parts for production
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- General Maintenance & Housekeeping, keeping receiving area free, clear and clean
- Drive company trucks for local deliveries and pick-ups. Move inventory from warehouse to storage
- Assist in cross training other warehouse personnel on warehouse processes directed by warehouse supervisor
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum one-year experience as a clerk in inventory or warehouse preferably in an original equipment-manufacturing environment
- Ability to operate forklift/picker
- Ability to accurately count incoming shipments and make arithmetic calculations such as units of measures conversions
- Detailed oriented
- Basic knowledge of Kanban principles
- Must hold valid driver’s license.
- Requires working knowledge of computer (MS Office) and e-mail communications
- Prior experience with MRP systems, inventory transactions and inventory control
OMAX Corporation offers an excellent compensation package that includes a higher then market starting rate, generous benefits such as: medical, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability coverage, a 401K Plan with company matching, education reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Only qualified applicants will be contacted; must be able to work for any company within the United States. Fax resumes to (253) 872-9660 or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OMAX Corporation is an equal opportunity employer