Washington, DC metro area
For a large financial services client, we are seeking a Python/SAS Developer, to work on a 1 year or longer project to automate SAS applications relating to the calculation of earnings at risk. Coding will be done primarily in SAS (70%), but the developer will also code in Python.
NOTE: We are also looking for a developer with more Python than SAS, #1436 Python/SAS Developer. Please visit our website www.oakleaf.com for all listings.
- Code and review coding done to SAS and Python application upgrades, extensions, or other development.
- Contribute to all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) for financial modeling application components and systems.
- Able to design and implement new application architecture for a financial process to integrate with existing modeling architecture framework.
- Collaborate with other team members, business units, and user groups to identify impacts of changes or enhancements, estimate level of efforts, and provide inputs to project schedules.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years using, coding within SAS, SAS macro language with strong experience deciphering existing SAS code.
- 3 years Python Command Line experience
- 5+ years in a UNIX/LINUX SASGRID environment.
- Agile experience (Kanban preferred).
- Developer experience with financial statements/modelling highly desired.
- Business knowledge with prior experience in financial industry.
The Oakleaf Group is a mid-size consulting firm with offices in Chevy Chase, MD, Bethesda, MD and New York, NY. Our people are our greatest assets and our company culture is grounded on that belief. Our goal is to thrill our clients and challenge and reward our employees. As a member of the Oakleaf team, you will have an exciting opportunity to work with emerging technology, modernize financial applications, and grow in a friendly workplace where you can work independently and collaboratively. In this position the ideal candidate will work to solve complex “hot topic” issues currently faced by the financial services industry. We bring depth of experience to a wide range of highly satisfied clients, delivering trusted advice along with quantitative, technology, regulatory, and operations strategies. Do you possess the talent and dedication to be part of our growing team?
Third party candidates will not be considered for this position.
As a condition of employment with The Oakleaf Group, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a pre-employment drug screen and/or a credit check for positions in some areas of our business. The Oakleaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Oakleaf Group participates in the E-Verify program.