The Wilner Group has partnered with an E-Commerce, Retail and Wholesale business in Manhattan, NY who has created a role for a full-time Senior Accountant to join their team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all general accounting. This is an excellent opportunity with a great company with great benefits! You will be valued for your talents and efforts. Their atmosphere is friendly, supportive, collaborative, and challenging for everyone who works there.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Day to day responsibility for AP, AR, bank reconciliations and all general accounting functions
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances.
- Monitoring inventory transactions. Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger.
- Be involved in monthly, quarterly and year-end closings of the books
- Maintain general ledger and reconcile entries
- Perform other duties as assigned
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Holds a B.S. in Accounting or business-related field. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of general accounting practices such as A/P, A/R, Cash Management, Budgeting & Analysis, Journal Entries, Fixed Assets, and Financial Reporting
- Experience with an accounting software and system implementation experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of inventory accounting and SKUs.
- Advanced MS Excel user with pivot tables, look-ups, and formulas required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal