Provides ongoing administrative support to multiple members of a department in a fast-paced environment. The primary accountability is to ensure the needs of the function are prioritized, organized and executed in order to maximize productivity. This is accomplished by coordinating the support of the various leaders, as well as routine departmental support as requested. Daily items for assigned personnel include calendar management, scheduling of meetings and interviews, phone support, expense reports, travel arrangements, word processing of documents, development of presentation slides, tracking/processing of purchasing requests (proposals, POs, accruals), and any other departmental support tasks as assigned.
The incumbent must be flexible, a team player, and is expected to have the judgment necessary to prioritize conflicting goals, keeping everyone aware of the conflicts and communicating effectively with the organizations being supported. S/He will demonstrate strong collaboration with Administrative colleagues within the organization.
Provides general support, such as:
• Greets visitors, answers and directs phone calls to appropriate areas and answers routine inquiries.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail; coordinates and prepares outgoing mail.
• Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, as directed.
• Compiles basic information and reports, relevant to department projects.
• Maintains electronic and paper filing systems.
• Maintains or tracks department budget(s).
Provides travel, schedule, and meeting coordination such as:
• Coordinates travel plans for department staff.
• Maintains calendars, department schedules and time-off schedules.
• Coordinates meetings including reserving meeting rooms, audio/visual equipment, catering and other resources.
• Schedules candidate interviews to ensure a successful candidate experience
• Supports department projects and initiatives
General Administrative: reception functions, mail, document and report prep, filing, and budget tracking
Travel and meeting coordination
Schedule candidate interviews, determine interview panel availabilities.
Reschedule interviews, as needed.
Partner with recruiting to determine candidate availabilities.
Obtain additional availabilities and reschedule interviews, an needed.
Manage onsite logistics during interviews. Ensure that reception/security area aware of visitors to the company.
Organized travel for candidates as needed.
Prepare interview agendas and distribute to candidate and interview panel.
Provide onsite interaction with candidates on behalf of the hiring manager as needed.
General office management, including ordering supplies and ensuring proper functioning of office equipment
Other projects & tasks as assigned
• Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
Solid MS Office skills:
• Word: Mail Merge
Excel: Formulas, Functions
• PowerPoint: Graphics, Animation
Ability to use a personal computer to accurately type a minimum of 50 words per minute
• Ability to operate general office equipment
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, team environment
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Solid organizational skills; ability to organize and maintain accurate, orderly files and records
• Strong attention to detail; ability to accurately proofread documents
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, vocabulary, spelling
• Ability to hear and speak to employees/management and outside business associates on the phone and in person
• Ability to sit for long hours at a time
• Ability to see the letters and numbers on a personal computer screen and on memoranda, reports and other documents (near vision)
• Requires moderate right and left hand coordination for the use of the personal computer
Ability to maintain a professional image
High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years administrative experience in a professional environment
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Associates degree in Business Administration or related field or Secretarial/Administrative certification, preferred
• Experience in the biopharma industry helpful
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patient’s Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.