The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the end-to-end requirements elicitation, design, testing, and successful transition of Spark’s internal and vendor-enabled infrastructure, messaging, storage, network, security & continuity services. Additional responsibilities include planning, organization, and management of related programs, projects and ITIL processes to ensure service level consistency and optimization. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will also define forward architectural roadmaps for Workplace and Infrastructure services and lead activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely fashion.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure services meet existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for Service Desk support and infrastructure administration based on industry-standard best practices and SOX and FDA requirements.
- Management multiple projects according to industry-standard best practices and SDLC requirements
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts.
- Development and maintain contingency operation plans for Spark’s IT Services.
- Lead the architecture and deployment and development of IT services and associated processes and procedures.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Proactively support the planning and deployment of business and security projects to keep infrastructure work off the critical path.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding current infrastructure services, SLAs and future IT needs.
- Practice Change, Problem and Service Asset & Configuration Management best practices including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Technical - Manage and maintain IT infrastructure systems within the network including servers, SAN, LAN/WAN and other IT infrastructure applications like VMWare.
- Troubleshoot and/or debug IT infrastructure related problems.
- Design, build administer and maintain servers using best practices in a MS Windows Active Directory environment.
- Manage and administer LAN/MAN/WAN based on industry best practices.
- Manage and maintain telecom and video conferencing infrastructure based on platform.
- Maintain other ad-hoc IT infrastructure technologies required to maintain smooth business operations.
- Technical -Create System architecture diagrams and keep technical documentation updated.
- Technical - Evaluate new technologies and stay current with industry trends and developments related to IT security and infrastructure
- GMP Compliance - Perform Infrastructure qualification activities, testing sequences and change controls.
- Design, update and test DR plan on regular basis.
- Develop disaster recovery plans, operational training and testing criteria to meet RTOs and RPOs for IT services.
- Evaluate IT Infrastructure services and formulate a roadmap based on upcoming trends in industry.
- Departmental - Work with vendors and purchasing to coordinate procurement of new components and service renewals.
- Departmental - Train IT staff on IT infrastructure engineering/administration as needed. Train junior staff on trouble shooting
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work effectively with other team members
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to break complex technical challenges into smaller logical units.
- Must be able to work after hours/weekends as needed for support.
- Ability to prioritize tasks. Required
- Good organizational skills.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in managing LAN/WAN environment based on Cisco platform.
- Minimum 7-10 years MS Windows server experience including Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 in both32 bit and 64 bit environment.
- Minimum 7-10 years of industry experience with networking technologies and security principals related to that.
- Some experience in managing storage devices (SAN/NAS). Experience with real time data replication technology for Disaster recovery is preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in the following areas: Active Directory domain architecture and implementation; DHCP, WINS and DNS server administration; File and print server administration; Server Monitoring & Alerting; Security configuration and auditing for Windows.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols (BGP,EIGRP, OSPF), LAN, WAN and Transport Technologies including MPLS.
- 5+ years virtualization experience using VMWare.
- Good understanding of 802.1X, Firewalls and IPS systems.
- MCSE and CCDP/CCNP/CCIE, AWS Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect certification is preferred.
- Education Bachelor's Degree BS degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patient’s Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.