Senior Process Engineer - SE Ohio
Responsible for special projects and related engineering assistance in support of manufacturing operations.
- Provides technical support and guidance to manufacturing operations processes and equipment.
- Conducts validation trials, feasibility, design tests for performance of processes, materials, and machinery related to, fabrication, and coatings.
- Develops and implements metal forming tooling & coating equipment via qualification and validation trials.
- Develops layouts for projects and process improvements.
- Assists with development of specifications, new tools, processes and the training procedures.
- Constantly engages in the organizing and coordination of continuous improvement projects related to the processes, materials and equipment in the facility.
- Utilizes disciplined and proven problem-solving techniques to determine root cause analysis for equipment downtime and recommends specific process improvement.
- Champions scrap reduction activities in assigned area of responsibility. Supports, contributes, and demonstrates lean manufacturing principles in work area.
- Continuously works toward achieving goals and measurables of the facility.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and facility standards in ISO140001, TS16949, including safety and environmental guidelines.
- Required to be on call and responsive to production support needs of the facility.
- Preferred candidates assist in the design of electrical controls systems for new and existing equipment control logic, safety, quality, and process control monitoring.
- Performs repairs of circuits and devices such as PLC's, HMI's, variable speed motor drives, and other equipment in accordance with NEC and OSHA standards.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline with 5-8 years directly related experience preferably in a manufacturing or industrial facility.
- MS Office Proficient
- Ability to analyze equipment and processes in an industrial environment.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of electronic technologies, various PLCs, and control components preferred.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Work time will be spent in a standard office environment with manufacturing plant exposure.
- Temperature and noise may vary depending on external environmental conditions.
- Lack of attention and carelessness may result in personal injury to self or others.