Senior Test Engineer
Bloomfield, CT – Direct Hire
Productive Resources (www.prhires.com) is seeking a candidate to be parrt of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Bloomfield, CT. As a member of our team, you will be detail-oriented and creative Sr. Test Engineer to assist in development of our rotary IC engines.
This is a full-time position that is a direct hire with the opportunity of professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Design, develop, operate, and maintain testing systems in conjunction with the engine dynamometer / test cells.
- Oversee engine assembly processes, direct a technician, participate in hands-on assembly as necessary.
- Maintain database of component inventory, build logs, hardware run times.
- Debug mechanical, electrical, and software problems.
- Calibrate diesel and gasoline engine controllers.
- Write MATLAB code to post-process data.
- Modify LabView/Drivven code as necessary to assist in engine control and data acquisition.
- Create/support standardized company procedures related to engine testing.
- Present data and conclusions to management.
- Assist with conceptualizing, designing, and building test rigs as needed to diagnose engine components and assemblies.
- Invent/generate ideas to improve performance of engine components and systems.
- Oversee and/or work with technicians, interns, and junior engineers on testing, analysis, and design projects.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong understanding of engine efficiency.
- 3 years of professional experience with engine testing and/or calibration.
- Expertise with MATLAB.
- Strong understanding of data acquisition and sensors specific to engine testing.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm, work ethic, and open mind through challenging projects that often fail.
- Experience with advanced rotary and piston engine technologies (exhaust gas recirculation, Miller cycle, HCCI, etc.).
- Professional experience with camshafts, bearings, gears, high-speed machinery.
- Good communication and proposal writing skills.
- Experience working in a machine shop/prototype environment.
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 2001. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
Our engineering staff is located both at our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly