Software Integration Engineer
Summary of the Software Integration Engineer:
Software Integration Engineer is required to play a key role in the integration of the software that is developed by multiple groups and on multiple sites for one of our well-established TIER ONE automotive supplier, they have established a new group to work on their most cutting edge technology.
In this position you will be responsible for the development and execution of software integration test plans.
Responsibilities of the Software Integration Engineer:
- Integrate software that is developed on multiple sites and provide this for multiple target hardware platforms.
- Integrate SW that is a combination of hand code and model based generated code for different targets.
- Develop and execute SW integration test plans
- Complete SW development documentation as defined by process
Qualifications of the Software Integration Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Background in SW development for safety critical systems and Embedded Systems.
- Knowledge of Software Development, C Programming and Debugging on target hardware
- 3 years of experience in in embedded C development.
- 2 years of experience in software integration.
- Skilled in Standard Software Process such as SPICE/CMMi and CAN, Flexray, Ethernet Communications.
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR, Functional Safety (ISO 26262) and Scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with Microprocessor architecture and Microprocessor peripherals SPI, A/D, digital I/O
- Knowledge of Software Validation / Unit Testing, Model-Based Code Generation and UML.
- Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS and Customer Diagnostics (UDS or other) is a plus.
- Familiarity with RTOS’s, Bootloader and/or CyberSecurity is a plus.
Location: Detroit area, MI
Compensation: $75,000-95,000/year, depending on experience
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: Subject to review
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Software, Integration, Test, debug, Embedded, Programming, SPICE, CMMi, AUTOSAR, "Functional Safety", "ISO 26262", CAN, Flexray, "Ethernet Communications", "Microprocessor peripherals", SPI, A/D, "digital I/O", "Microprocessor architecture", Perl, Python, Java, "Software Validation", "Unit Testing", "Model-Based Code Generation", UML, airbag, "brake control", engine, "powertrain control", "steering control', ADAS, "Customer Diagnostics", UDS, RTOS, Bootloader, "Cyber Security"