The Sr Field Enablement Specialist is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery, customization and utilization of enabling technologies, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned field organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. The lead will ensure that our field based organization is well-equipped with the technological tools and training, targeting and execution data, and ongoing support needed to focus on achieving organizational goals.
30% System Owner for Veeva CRM/CLM/Approved email & the Targeting & Alignment Process:
• Work with the Commercial field business leads to identify new or changing CRM requirements. Translate requests into technical or business process options.
• Partner with Veeva , IT, and other vendors to determine scope and feasibility of changes and propose an approach to meet the business needs.
• Gain agreement with the Commercial Leadership team on what changes are to be prioritized, implemented and by when.
• Identify risks to implementation including aggregate enterprise wide change during a release window. Manage and/or oversee development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee installations and Release Management including the final production acceptance review and signoff.
• Support the Legal, Compliance and Medical Review of proposed tool changes. Provide a summary of the proposed changes and answer any pertinent questions during the review. Drive decision making clarity and document any proposed changes to the tool resulting from the review.
• Monitor future Veeva releases that may benefit the Commercial team and champion those changes where appropriate• Drive changes from idea initiation through implementation. Partner with IT and vendors when issues arise to ensure the capability changes are fully implemented and working as expected.
• Manage the changes to the Commercial targeting and alignment process. Work with the field business leads to highlight any implications of the changes and partner with IT to implement the changes.
• Actively manage stakeholders throughout the change process and ensure business needs are met.
25% Portfolio Management (general field impact and CRM specific dependencies/impacts):
• Enable a strong, strategic technology pipeline by building internal partnerships to develop and maintain cross-functional awareness of planned and in flight projects and initiatives with potential for technology/field/customer impact
• Develop commercial technology road map and timelines for ongoing review and assessment
• Communicate medium to high impact items that could or will impact the field
• Partner with Compliance to build governance processes that foster transparency and compliance.
• Perform analytics and risk assessment of any initiatives that may impact Commercial Operations’ ability to deliver a positive field team member experience
• Serve as SME for the Field Facing tools and provide guidance to other project teams who have a dependency on those tools.
15% Demand, Incident and Change Management:
• Create and implement a demand management process for tracking, managing or rerouting issues and requests raised to the Commercial Operations team.
• Utilize service management best practices to ensure that customer requests are addressed in a timely manner
• Ensure that customers are kept updated on the status of all requests and provide a root cause analysis for ongoing investigations
• Provide monthly reporting on key trends with the tools (e.g. number of changes initiated, issues etc.
• Identify and document process improvement ideas to streamline the delivery of system changes.
10% CRM Application Delivery:
• Management and communication as needed for regular SaaS updates / upgrades (Veeva, Salesforce, etc.)
• Manage licenses for CRM and CLM in all environments.
• Maintain application including regularly scheduled change requests such as targeting and alignment loads, etc.
• Oversee capacity management ensuring ongoing ability to maintain application(s) and support end users as scope/portfolio of applications and technology grows
10% Field Readiness:
• Partner with HR, IT and other internal services to ensure streamlined processes for procuring hardware/equipment, system access, new hire training, etc.
• Deliver function specific, new hire CRM training (remote or in person) and coordinate with marketing and compliance to ensure product and Closed Loop Marketing material training will take place ahead of any field activities
• Deliver ad-hoc web-based training and additional support as needed.
• May also be assigned to specific, short-term, time bound projects
10% Commercial Field Support:
• Monitor the Commercial Ops e-mail box and provide timely response or redirection of questions from field personnel and others
• Meet regularly with respective leadership and team specific technology Super-Users to receive field feedback, provide status updates on critical initiatives or issues related to the CRM system and discuss opportunities for continuous improvement related services, processes, etc.
• Coordinate with Commercial colleagues and compliance to develop and follow a cross functional field communication strategy and escalation path for field users
• Ability to work at the leadership level to identify and influence business needs
• Strong stakeholder management and follow through skills
• Ability to influence stakeholders and drive decision making
• Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
• Detail oriented
• Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty. Works with limited direction
• Ability to “connect the dots” and see how business and systems are integrated with each other
• Self-starter/motivated, experience working in environments with resources consistent with a pre-launch phase product
• Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and excellent ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment - contributing creative ideas and positive energy to the group.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must have at least 5+ years related pharma/biotech industry experience in managing or supporting commercial, and/or marketing and sales initiatives working directly with internal field leadership and field based end users
• At least 5+ years managing or supporting Commercial, and/or Marketing and Sales initiatives
• At least 5+ years in a field facing role (working directly with internal field leadership and field-based end users)
• Experience must be Service / Support Management including service model creation and end to end application development lifecycle and portfolio management experience
• Demonstrated strong understanding of CRM, preferably Veeva/Salesforce, with deployment experience and knowledge of data model, user interface and customization capabilities
• Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patient’s Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.