Senior MMIC Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of custom microwave MMICs in our GaN HEMT processes. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of design, including specification, electrical design, layout, test and documentation.
The company is an industry leader in the design, development, and production of GaN high power RF integrated circuits and components. Come be a part of this dynamic team and find out how you can contribute to cutting edge, state-of-the-art product development in a wide array of challenging applications supporting the Telecom, Sat Com, Military, and numerous other diverse industries. This will be an opportunity to not only help address distinct customer needs, but help influence the direction and development of this exciting technology for the future. Previous GaN experience is not required.
· Design saturated and linear HPAs, Gain Blocks, LNAs, switches, and other RF and microwave MMICs
· Design and specification of applicable test fixtures and associated materials
· Development of test plans and hands on trouble shooting of circuits during test
· Documentation of design and characterization and support of design reviews, final data review, back-fitting and other analysis
· Interact with process development, operations, business development and other technical and business roles in order to ensure successful results
What you need for success:
· B.S.E.E with 5+ years MMIC design experience using large signal models
· Proficiency with non-linear circuit simulators (Agilent ADS and/or AWR Microwave Office)
· Proficiency with electromagnetic simulators (Sonnet, Momentum, etc.)
· Proficiency with circuit layout (ADS, AWR, DW2000)
· Thorough understanding of device physics and behavior
· Hands on experience with both on-wafer and fixtured microwave testing (e.g. Small signal, power, efficiency, linearity, noise-figure, etc)
· Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent communication and presentation skills