- Supports month-end close process (for a single business unit or multiple business units as needed) by preparing and analyzing schedules, reports and posting journal entries and understanding the impact to the overall financial statements.
- Analyzes trends and explains actual variances to prior periods and forecasts including researching and providing appropriate support for schedules, reports and entries by working with finance and business partners, examining source information, etc.
- Reconciles and reviews balance sheet accounts including identification, resolution and communication of reconciling items as necessary.
- Prepares annual insurance declaration document(s) by collecting data from multiple sources and questioning material changes.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement environment by documenting internal processes, suggesting improvements to procedures and controls and generally challenging the status quo.
- Assists with other accounting projects and research requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years direct experience in accounting/financial analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency to intermediate skills in Excel (pivot tables, lookups, formulas, etc.)
- Proficient in other MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, etc.)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and proficiency in relevant IFRS pronouncements
- Solid analytical thinker including significant experience in accounting research, problem solving and issue resolution
- Dedicated team player, highly motivated, eager to learn, increase knowledge, speed and bandwidth to improve self and the team
- Takes ownership of and pride in duties and responsibilities including taking initiative to validate work by way of thorough self-review for accuracy and reasonableness ensuring a quality product the first time
- Takes constructive feedback well by gaining an understanding of the feedback through open and honest discussion and taking deliberate action to improve
- Communicates early and often with direct manager and relevant team members
- Oracle, PeopleSoft, Smart View, Hyperion, Essbase, Blackline are preferred