Corporate Accounting Supervisor – Galleria Area
Our privately held client is looking to promote a Senior Accountant to a Supervisor and allow them to gain leadership experience. This great, family oriented team offers excellent work life balance. Compensation will be based upon experience and there is a chance for a discretionary bonus.
- Assist with month-end close activities for domestic entities and assist in coordination of monthly close for international entities, including foreign currency translations.
- Perform monthly consolidation of all entities, including foreign currency conversions and intercompany eliminations.
- Supervise corporate accounting functions and personnel, including AR and AP.
- Assist in preparation of all monthly, quarterly and year end bank reporting, including consolidated financial statements, borrowing base calculations, cashflows, MD&A write up, and loan covenant calculations.
- Assist with monthly commission calculations (domestic and international).
- Perform monthly Board of Directors P&L analysis.
- Perform ad hoc consulting for Board Members on new business ventures to ensure compliance with bank agreements and GAAP standards for reporting purposes.
- Maintain and oversee fixed asset tracking system, including depreciation calculations and capitalization review.
- Assist with taxation activities including federal income tax return requirements, franchise tax filings, sales tax, and property tax filings
- Assist with year-end financial statement audit performed by external auditors and semi-annual bank compliance audit.
- Assist in the annual 401K audit.
- Prepare annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures, in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls over corporate accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Coordinate with IT department for new automation improvements and process developments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BBA, Accounting required, CPA (or pursing) a plus.
- Minimum 4-7 years of general ledger accounting or financial reporting experience.
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to take on new projects and responsibility as needed.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to gather, organize, interpret and collate date from multiple sources.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Proficient computer skills, with good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel, in particular.