Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Supply Management Specialist on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will lead and/or support a Strategic Sourcing team with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, meet Enterprise Product Delivery Process and Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process requirements/goals on product cost, schedule and quality for the enterprise/region/division/unit. Enterprise Product Delivery Process, plays a key role in integrating suppliers early in the process to optimize design and cost. You will build and develop a supply base for procuring complex and strategic materials, products, supplies and services. Coordinate and lead efforts to address chronic supplier performance issues.
· Ensure or manage the development and implementation of enterprise/divisional strategies, defining and integrating supply chains that support Enterprise Product Delivery Process(EPDP) and Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) and significantly impact enterprise financial and operational objectives.
· Develop, build and maintain an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measures the performance of the supplier and defines corrective actions; obtain assistance from other functional representatives such as quality, product engineering, etc. as appropriate.
· Lead and/or support the negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in cost models, an implementation strategy and a documented agreement, ensuring the Company meets its overall goals for cost, quality, continuity of supply, etc.
· Collect cost data and prepare suppliers cost/industry analyses.
· Utilize and develop continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the supply base utilizing the Achieving Excellence process/criteria and other appropriate supply management tools.
· Work with engineers and suppliers on product specification, making recommendations to ensure a quality product at the lowest total cost and meeting cost targets; supports the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Lead target costing and cost management support for Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) cost goals, focusing on Shareholder Value Added; develops and implements communication plans to key stakeholders, internally and externally.
· Develop, implement and improve Supply Management processes to support the Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process and Enterprise Product Delivery Process.
· Provide work direction and/or coaching as necessary to less experienced supply management personnel; ensures completion of administrative support to the Human Resource processes.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Supply Management/Purchasing experience (5+ years) Experience with one or more of the following commodities: Hydraulics, castings, and/or hardware Experience with SAP Strong negotiations skills.
· Ability to read and understand engineering prints.
· Ability to analyze numeric or financial information (understand quotes).
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain relationship with suppliers and peers.
· Experience with new product development Project Management experience (4-7 years) - medium to large projects.
· Technical background (engineering/quality) Cross functional (experience working with engineering, quality, finance, etc.)
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!